Having built and sailed many boats in and around Poole Harbour for nearly 30 years, I wanted to acknowledge the pleasure and inspiration Dorset - and in particular the Dorset Coast - has given me over the years, by designing and building a traditional wooden craft to the very highest standard, worthy indeed of Poole's boat building heritage.
The Poole Harbour 10 is a hand crafted, traditionally constructed, clinker rowing and sailing dinghy with a simple lug sail rig of 60 sq.ft;
A wide beam and deep firm sections with a fine entry ensure fine sailing ability.
• Iroko throughout – carefully selected for quality and colour, on steamed English Oak ribs at 6” centres
• 8mm planking, 2 copper rivets per land between ribs
• Coamings – sawn Iroko, scarphed and epoxy glued, 10 mm rope insert
• 6 laminated seat knees
• Copper and silicon bronze fastenings throughout
• Bronze fittings
• ½” Half round brass keel band on keel and bilge rubbers
• Spars – Douglas Fir, round tapered Mast, round Boom and Sprit
• Finish – 9 coats gloss varnish on inside of hull and transom. Satin finish elsewhere
• Hull – Paint or varnish
Draft: 0.08/ 0.7m